Participants learn to assess a patient’s attitude toward Christ and respond appropriately, applying the ethical principles of permission, sensitivity, and respect. This Biblically-based course is relevant to different cultures and health care settings and has been taught in many nations throughout the world.
At the completion of the course, learners should be able to:
- Explain why faith is important in healthcare.
- Describe opportunities for and barriers to fulfilling one’s role as a witness in the healthcare environment.
- Demonstrate use of the Engel scale in assessing where a person is on his/her spiritual journey and planning appropriate interventions based on this assessment.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of eight tools that can be used while interacting with patients, families, and colleagues with permission, sensitivity and respect.
Through presentations, discussions, role-plays and demonstrations, participants develop skills in effectively reflecting the light and love of Christ to those with whom they interact.
- 10 hours of course content
Next Course Offering
Varies globally in location and language. Please contact Carol Rowley (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information about opportunities for participating in this course.