Our Purpose and Mission
The purpose of NCFI is to connect Christian nurses* around the world, equipping them to live out their faith in professional practice.
The mission of NCFI is to equip and encourage Christian nurses to integrate Biblical principles and Christ-centered values in clinical practice, leadership, education and research.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- The one true God, Creator of all things, eternally exists in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The divine inspiration, entire trustworthiness and authority of the Bible in all matters of faith and conduct.
- All people created in God’s image but alienated from God because of sin.
- Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, fully divine and fully human, born of the Virgin Mary, came to reconcile humankind with God the Father.
- The shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection providing the only ground for salvation and justification for all who repent and believe.
- The indwelling presence and transforming power of the Holy Spirit calling all believers to love, serve others, seek justice, resist evil, and to proclaim Jesus, crucified and raised.
- The future personal return and victorious reign of Jesus Christ who will judge all people with justice and mercy. To God Be the Glory Forever!
- We practice faith and prayer. This is the lifestyle by which we will be known.
- We integrate biblical principles into our professional nursing practice. This is the how we live out our calling.
- We participate in healthcare to demonstrate Jesus’ love through equipping, encouraging and empowering nurses to provide competent and compassionate care. This is our life of nursing as ministry.
- We seek to respect and understand cultures, languages, local customs, and healthcare practices as we serve. This is our commitment to integration of Faith and practice.
- We will work with, learn from and encourage those sharing like purpose throughout the world. This is our commitment to local communities of believers and the global Body of Jesus Christ.