- Establish the foundation for the professional nurses’ responsibility in the art and science of spiritual care.
- Identify and use multiple strategies to perform spiritual assessment and various ways of communication used in spiritual care.
- Apply appropriate spiritual interventions and tailor them to individual patient care situations.
- Identify and overcome barriers in providing spiritual care, including barriers within one’s own understandings of what it means to be a Christian nurse.
Lecture, discussion, small group work, in-class case studies, in-class skill practice sessions.
- 12 hours (4 sessions, 3 hours each)
Next Course Offering
- NCFI Congress in Denver, CO July 2021