Volunteer Position: IICN Communications Manager
Nurses Christian Fellowship International (NCFI) is seeking to appoint a Communications Manager for the International Institute of Christian Nursing (IICN). The position is voluntary but brings with it many benefits, including the opportunity to work alongside nurses from across the world, and to engage directly in international work.
The purpose of the part-time, volunteer position is to support the mission, vision, and communication technologies of IICN. The IICN Communications Manager will work primarily in collaboration with the IICN Director.
IICN is one of NCFI’s newest ministries and is the professional division of the global organization. The vision of IICN is to advance a Christian worldview in nursing practice, education, leadership, and research/evidence-based practice. IICN endeavors to provide Christian nurses with scholarly resources such as professional development courses (in person and online), nursing focused Bible studies, links for engaging in collaborative nursing research and evidence-based projects, the Christian Nursing International journal, partnerships with other Christian healthcare ministries, and a new blog.
The majority of organizational inter and intra-action is via utilization of technologies such as website, email, and video conferencing. Of critical need is a professional nurse with a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing, or a degree in a related healthcare field. Master of Science in Nursing Informatics highly desired. Cross-cultural experience preferred. Selected person must:
- Give testimony to a dynamic personal relationship with Jesus Christ and sign agreement with the NCFI Statement of Faith
- Apply and utilize all NCFI policies and procedures related, but not limited, to mission, vision, and purpose; privacy and security; organizational structure and communication; participation in committees.
- Demonstrate a history of computer technology skills and informatics course work with work-related experience. Included is website content and format management, Microsoft Office, and professional English speaking and writing communication skills
- Weekly communicate with IICN director, offering recommendations and creative ideas while able to take direction and follow-through as requested
- Commit to an average of 3-4 hours per week which includes routinely responding to emails within 48 hours
- Collaborate with outside website development company to quickly address website function or concerns
- Work with NCFI Media Committee and serve on the IICN Steering Committee
Please submit a written application letter of intent with your CV. Included should be personal testimony, academic education, work experience, computer skills and English language skills, insight into healthcare, international/cross cultural exposure, and motivation for the position. Provide email addresses for two reference persons, one previous or concurrent employer, and the other a church/pastoral reference. Please send all required information to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want more information about the IICN Communications Manager, please contact us at email@example.com
Information about NCFI and IICN can be found at the NCFI website at www.ncfi.org and Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/visit.ncfi