Call for Abstracts – PACEA Conference 2018
THEME: For such a time as this…Christian Nursing in a Troubled World
The conference theme is taken from the book of Esther and applied to nurses who face the challenges of a troubled world, as did as did Queen Esther in her time. She is told that she has been chosen by God as his agent for just such as time as this . The program will have a special emphasis on equipping nurses for leadership and involvement in difficult times, such as in natural and human disasters, political upheaval, challenging conditions in nursing and health care, opposition and restrictions to expression of Christian faith.
You are invited to submit an abstract for a Concurrent Workshop (40 min), Personal Narrative (20min) or a Poster presentation. The abstract will be evaluated in relation to the objectives of the Congress and how it contributes to one or more of the sub themes.
Suggestions for presentations on sub themes.
Excellence in times like these
- Challenges nurses face in producing and maintaining excellence in nursing situations, especially when working in difficult contexts.
- Innovative programs that produce excellence in nursing practice and education.
- Introducing Christian values and principles in health care
Relevance in times like these
- Demonstrating the relevance of our faith and practice in both nursing and personal contexts.
- Programs and projects relevant to current issues and crises in our troubled world
- Responding to new technology, new models of nursing, changes in society and health care, or opposition to living out our Christian faith, in ways that are relevant
Available to God in times like these
- Reflections and personal testimonies concerning availability to God in difficult or challenging situations.
- Ways in which God has used nurses and nursing students to make a difference in our societies, health services generally, or specific areas of need.
Hope in times like these
- Nursing and health care projects that bring hope to people in crisis or special need.
- Opportunities for sharing Christian hope in the context of nursing practice, education and research.
Submissions should be made online, using the form provided below. Closing date for abstracts is 1 February 2018