Bringing Jesus Christ to Nurses Worldwide
Download our NCFI Strategic Plan Booklet here
The Vision of NCFI is Christian nurses around the world living out their faith in their professional lives.
The Mission of NCFI is to equip and encourage Christian nurses to integrate Biblical principles and
Christ-centered values within clinical practice, leadership, education and research.
Our Values are built on God's love and care for us (John 3:16) and His work through us as
nursing professionals (Matthew 25: 34-40)."I was sick and you looked after me."
Matt. 25:36. Our foundation is in fear and love of God
As nurses within NCFI, we identify our values as:
The Aims of NCFI are to:
- Encourage Christian nurses and nursing students to live out their faith in compassionate professional practice
- Deepen the spiritual life and cultural awareness of Christian nurses and nursing students around the world.
- Promote friendship, communication, connection and collaboration among Christian nurses worldwide
- Support Regional NCFI Councils (Committee) and National NCF organizations in their ministry with nurses
- Empower Christian nurses to examine and apply scripture as it relates to professional practice.
- Equip and support the development of Christian nurse leaders around the world.
- Represent Christian nursing in the global nursing and healthcare arena
Our Beliefs: The one true God, Creator of all things, eternally exists in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The divine inspiration, entire trustworthiness and authority of the Bible in all matters of faith and conduct.
- All people created in God's image but alienated from God because of sin. Jesus Christ, God's only Son, fully divine and fully human, born of the Virgin Mary, came to reconcile humankind with God the Father.
- The shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection providing the only ground for salvation and justification for all who repent and believe.
- The indwelling presence and transforming power of the Holy Spirit calling all believers to love, serve others, seek justice, resist evil, and to proclaim Jesus, crucified and raised.
- The future personal return and victorious reign of Jesus Christ who will judge all people with justice and mercy.
To God Be the Glory Forever!
- We practice faith and prayer. This is the lifestyle by which we will be known.
- We integrate biblical principles into our professional nursing practice. This is the how we live out our calling.
- We participate in healthcare to demonstrate Jesus' love through equipping, encouraging and empowering nurses to provide competent and compassionate care. This is our life of nursing as ministry.
- We seek to respect and understand cultures, languages, local customs, and healthcare practices as we serve. This is our commitment to incarnation.
- We will work with, learn from and encourage those sharing like purpose throughout the world. This is our commitment to local communities of believers and the global Body of Jesus Christ.
Strategic Goals 2013 – 2021:
- Establish a sustainable financial and administrative infrastructure to achieve the aims of the organization.
- Establish an effective worldwide communication and collaboration network
- Develop an International Institute of Christian Nursing to equip nurses in professional practice, education and collaborative research
- Expand a network of prayer and praise across the organization.
- Initiate and develop key partnerships across like-minded organizations and institutions.
- Organize international conferences normally every 4 years
- Expand the organization through increased membership including students, active practitioners and retired members.